bonjour! didn't write yesterday as it wasn't sunny enough for the satellite (i don't understand everything here, but they do a lot with solar energy, so i'm assuming that was the issue!) abraham's fever broke yesterday afternoon while we were napping, so thanks God! he's so precious! all of the kids are... i don't know how'd i'd ever be able to choose one to adopt. i love them all and couldn't pick one over another. i guess it's a good thing that's not even an option at this point! but that's me, analyzing things that don't even exist! :)
this morning, doris and i went over to open up the clinic. we didn't open it up to the public, just went in to clean and organize things since the nurse has been out for quite a while. it was good to be able to familiarize myself with the surroundings, seeing what meds they have on hand, etc. now i just need to go study up on which antibiotics to give for what ailment, etc. doris also said that i may have to stitch up a cut or two while i'm here... that'll be interesting, to say the least!
i have no idea how i'll feel the longer i'm here, but it's interesting to me that somehow it feels strangely like 'home'. EGO is most definitely an 'oasis' here in haiti. apparently people consistently comment on that. it's peaceful and quiet and green... well, relatively peaceful, considering it's filled with bubbly children and crowing roosters, etc!
tomorrow i don't plan to post an update as i'll be riding back into port-au-prince with elizabeth, she's flying out. we'll go to a grocery store while we're there, so that'll be an experience i'm sure. and the ride in and of itself is always an experience as well! it's long, dusty & extremely bumpy! amazing how we complain about potholes in the streets in the U.S.! here they are more like 'craters'!
i'll update soon, and seriously, one of these days i'll actually bring my camera up to the main house and attempt to upload some pics!
love, jill
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
so glad to see you made it safe and sound. I love reading ur updates. glad Abraham is doing better. do you feel like a mom yet? :) Love ya girl. God is doing amazing things thru you. <3 Amanda Schaap
ReplyDeleteJill, glad you are enjoying Haiti as much as you are. That is fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteJILL!!! I just read all your updates. I've been praying for you, but neglected to check the blog, and now I'm so excited to hear everything! I remember so well the "symphony" choir in the early AM. Haiti has it's very own song. You are bringing back sweet memories, even when you describe the traffic and the roadside sales. Oh, and the smell of grilled chicken all the time, right?
ReplyDeleteI can understand your fear involved in treating the people. But to start, you have to believe in yourself! It IS out of your comfort zone, but God is able to do all things. He will give you the strength and God-confidence if you ask him. Miss ya already girl; give those kids a hug from Michigan. Take care girl; I'll be checking more often!
Love, Kathy
JILL!!! I just read all your updates. I have been praying for you every day, but neglected to check the blog. I am so glad you arrived safely. You are bringing back sweet memories for me with the "symphony" alarm clock. Haiti has it's own special song. Also with the traffic I remember quite well. The biggest vehicle gets the right of way. And the constant smell of grilled chicken. I can certainly relate to your fear in trying to beleive you can treat patients. But you have to believe in yourself, and believe that God can do all things. He will give you the strength to first believe, and carry that God-confidence with you. I believe in you! Give the kids a hug from me in Michigan. I love them. And a caress on the cheek for Abraham. Miss ya already, girl.
ReplyDeleteLove, Kathy