Thursday, May 21, 2009

hi all! just wanted to send out a quick update! we made it back from p.a.p. with the american team and doris made it safely to florida. she is heading to the doctor today... we're all anxious to hear the diagnosis.

the american team is great! it's been a lot of fun already! the only girl on the team is 23 and is such a sweetheart! and it's been fun having another girl that i can talk to in english! :) although, i have to say that today one of my favorite memories of the trip happened! while the team is here, some of the older girls that work here (most of them are around my age) are cooking for them every night. so i just went over to the guesthouse and it was like a crazy party going on! tons of laughter and singing, we were all joking around and having a great time and the language wasn't even a barrier! it really struck me how much i've missed 'comraderie' since i've been here!

anyway, i'll post more later! thanks for the continued encouragement and postings and e-mails, it means so much to me to hear from all of you!
love, jill

3 comments:

  1. I always end up smiling and shaking my head at God when I read your blog! I was praying for you this morning that you'd be able to connect with the American team and have fun with them. Then I came on and read your blog - looks like God is all ready answering that prayer! Watch for a long overdue email from me this weekend! Love ya, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill,
    Glad to hear you're having a bit of fun too. We just got back from Memorial Day camping, nice weather. I will pray that Doris gets the medical attention she needs. Keep persevering girl; love that you're there!
    Your friend, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill,

    Great blog! I relived the time I shared there with you via those photos and descriptions. It is amazing how spoiled we get with the comforts of our lives in America. I truely know the sacrafices you are making by spending these three months serving those who are in such need. Praying that your life will never be the same, but always growing closer to Him. You are an amazing example of what we are suppose to be to the world. Hope to see you again.

    Elizabeth
    Roommate from Florida

    ReplyDelete